Logcheck on a couple of Debian Squeeze servers has been sending me some errors for a while and I finally got time to track down the cause. The errors looked like this:
Aug 5 07:00:56 build1 ssh: getaddrinfo*.gaih_getanswer: got type "SOA"
It turns out that this is due to some scripted outbound ssh connections (in this case ...
I recently needed a version of rsnapshot that included LVM snapshot support. Unfortunately the version included with Debian Lenny doesn't include this, so I had to create a quick backport.
This is a very quick record of what I did.
Install useful build scripts:
aptitude install devscripts
Create somewhere to store our downloads and built files: