Journal, ISO week 2018-W29
Base rate going up in August?
Are there hints of a rate rise coming soon? It would fit fairly neatly with some of the predictions from the Landlord Investment show panel - where it was suggested that the base rate would reach 1% before March next year.
Another tab cull
Too. Many. Browser. Tabs.
Start count: 904
- Twitter thread story of a moon-walker
- Faster running tests for Django
- Requirements for keeping gas safety records
- XPath tips useful for extracting content from HTML
- Accessing Mapbox maps in Django projects
- Use an app and pay a subscription to rent without a deposit - not quite sure that's actually a good deal!
- Using technology for SEO
- Making variations of tweets to cope with Twitters recent restrictions
- Taking health tracking into your own hands
- GDPR for landlords
- The HMRC property income manual
That last one is expecially exciting reading!
End count: 745 Closed tabs: 159 - I'm quite pleased with that. :-)
I revisited this topic later in the week and spent a few minutes looking for "easy targets" to close without needing to read or generally think too much. Just one notable link...
- Google query analysis with Answer The Public
Now down to just 550 open tabs!
News / links during the week
Work / family balance
This week has seen an extended Scouts outing, a leavers assembly, and the end of the school year. My ability to flex my working schedule has meant I've been able to drive to, watch or be part of each of these important events. It's meant some short notice change of plans and much reduced working time this week but it really is the point of being self employed.
A visit to Wakehurst for a science festival - some excellent activities and there were many we didn't have time for too.